Saturday, September 17, 2011

Darlinghurst Blog: Street Art: Spring

Birds are nesting outside my window, my glimpse of Sydney Harbour is shimmering turquoise, white triangles of sailings boats bob by, a breeze sweeps past heady with the fragrance of jasmine blossoms, the temperature is set to reach 27 degrees and the floral daleks have returned to Darlinghurst's streets. 
It can only mean Spring. Oh, how I love this season with its promise of renewal and adventures under a blue sky. 
An anonymous street artist celebrated the return of Spring with this flowering paste-up that seems to magically grow from the wall of the Griffin Theatre Company's administration building on the corner of Nimrod and Craigend streets.  Are those flowers Violets? I think so, which makes it even more special to me. Pop up and take your photograph next to it before it disappears. 

No comments: