Saturday, July 2, 2011

Across the Border: Animal Life: Jai and Tabitha the French Poodles

I saw these poodles prancing in the sun in the Edgely Street playground in Surry Hills last Sunday. They looked so funny with their fancy hair-dos and were quite difficult to photograph because they would not stay still. Uh, animals! 
They reminded me of an excellent book I had seen in Ariel just a couple of weeks ago called Who Wants To Be a Poodle? I Don't, by that brilliant English writer and illustrator of children's books, Lauren Child. It was really cute because it was about a poodle called Trixie Twinkle Toes who lives an enforced pampered life with hairdressing appointments, fine dinners and designer clothes. But Trixie hates the poodle life and just wants to run in the mud, jump in puddles and play with other dogs. 
I wondered if Jai and Tabitha of Surry Hills also felt the same way and hated their pom-pom style fur-cuts.

No comments: