Friday, August 5, 2011

Darlinghurst Blog: Street Art: Foley Street Lucky Washing Day

I only realised the importance of this street art piece the day after I spotted it on a grungy wall in the Foley Street laneway. It was like a secret message to me to be conscious of luck both good and bad, for the morning after, while walking to work, I very nearly walked under a ladder outside Kinselas at Taylor Square. I was halfway under it before I realised, quickly turned around and saved myself from a day of bad luck. 
My lucky escape could have had something to do with the fact that I put on two loads of washing before setting out that morning. Or it could have absolutely to do with nothing. Besides, I don't even have a washing line. And what is that atom bomb-style mushroom cloud in the back of the work?


Anyway, I wish you all a lucky washing day and a good weekend. 
I'm loving these summer-style blue-sky days during Sydney's winter and hope you do too, Violet xox

No comments: