Friday, January 13, 2012

Darlinghurst Blog: Detritus: Happy New Year

Okay, so it has taken me a while to wake up and pull my socks on in 2012, but Happy Bloody (Mary) New Year!
By 11am on January 1, I was sitting at a footpath table at the Darlo Bar knocking back bloody marys and resolving to do as little as possible for the remainder of the day.
Unfortunately that steely resolve of mine lasted almost two weeks, so that now it is already halfway through the first month of the year and I have done nothing much that would be of interest to anyone, least of all Ralf, the street cat (see below modelling his new bell-collar that lasted about two days).


It is now January 13 and I have at last made some new year's resolutions, which include:
  • to see more sunrises;
  • to write more; and
  • a whole bunch of other things that would sound wanky and predictable.
If I at least stick to the second resolution, there should be some fresh blog posts in coming days.
But you know how these things go. 


What are your resolutions for the new year? And have you managed to keep them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The start of a good year. We watched from the finger wharf which at 9pm at least had a very pleasant uncrowded local feeling. Your Xmas post was a delight. Keep up the good work. And please keep an eye out for a missing kelpie cross pup with amazing eyebrows 'Oscar' gone astray from Forbes Street.

Arnold said...

Belated Happy New Year. Some friends and I had a great xmas dinner ( 2 mains and 4 desserts ) that we should've had in 2010 but for sad happenings then:( .
My New Years res, is to win lotto big time. Had a systems 8 entry for new years eve $31mill. but didn't get a single number, bummer.
My only option now I guess is to marry into european Royalty.
Any Princesses out there in blogland?

Arnold.

Arnold. said...

P.S.
How'd your pinyata go?

Violet Tingle said...

The pinata went down a treat: children, it seems, enjoy whacking things with sticks. I didn't spend NYE in Darlo this year, instead I was at a swanky shivoo at the Sydney Opera House, which is where I photographed the blue fireworks above. Four desserts sounds like my kind of dinner party.

Arnold. said...

I left a comment on the cactus page. You might like the song.