Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Darlinghurst: Fashion: The Back Room


What, with its pop-up bars, pampered pets and retro-perm hair-dos, sometimes Darlinghurst is so hip, darling, it hurts. Especially when you come across scenes like the one above from Saturday, which was set to a hip-hop music track.
At first I thought the crowd of young people, who were dancing in the day-time and generally being joyful, had gathered for an impromptu party on Langley Street. But then I realised the music was coming from inside men's clothing shop, The Back Room at 17A Langley Street, and then I nearly stumbled over this sandwich board:



I suppose it was the launch of a new pair of trousers or something, but I still loved seeing people take over the street to make music and have fun. And I hope they didn't need to gain planning approval from the City of Sydney Council to do so.
Here is a better view of the party looking across Albert Sloss Reserve children's playground on Palmer Street:

If you look closely through the blue, barred window, you can see the DJ in action.
*
The Back Room
17A Langley Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
www.thebackroom.com.au

No comments: